The results of the project clearly align with the project objectives.
- Technology research and development
- Increase the TRL of grid-forming wind turbine technology for offshore wind deployment.
- Increase the TRL of the AC/DC solid-state transformer for the MW-level hydrogen electrolysis application.
- Increase the TRL of power plant controllers for offshore wind hydrogen production assets.
- Functional specification that defines the minimum interface requirements for the three technological innovation pillars:
- Grid-forming wind turbine functional specifications that enable the electrical coupling with the line-commutated power converter.
- AC/DC solid-state transformer functional specification that enables direct electrical coupling with onshore converter station DC link.
- Onshore converter station specification that enables flexible connection to the onshore power grid.
- Performance specification that defines the optimal operational philosophy of the flexible offshore wind hydrogen power plant module.